• last updated 20 hours ago
Constraints
Constraints: committers
 
Constraints: files
Constraints: dates
The CVS section (and a few other pages) still refer to the directory openacs

code is kept in as /web instead of /var/lib/aolserver. This fixes that.

Fixed bug during install process: site_node::init_cache would error out, because there is no root node yet when it gets sourced from bootstrap-installer (via site-nodes-init)

added more documentation on translator mode, with images

  1. … 81 more files in changeset.
Commiting integration of Site Wide Categories into Weblogger. While

implementing this I've also fixed numerous random bugs.

Some comments off the top of my head regarding this implementation:

* Weblogger currently doesn't take advantage of nested categories. You

can use trees that are nested but categories in those trees are

treated as if they were all flat.

* I've provided a migration script from old to new categories. The

script just copies data and doesn't delete anything. It is written

in Tcl so that it can take advantage of the APIs.

* I left the legacy categories in system. There are several reasons

for that:

- Site-Wide categories don't have short names and thus speaking

URLs are not implemented. Some people might prefer to keep

speaking URLs, especially if they don't want to break them

after migration

- Blogger-specific categories are simpler and thus easier to use.

- Having both solutions available for a while makes transition less

painful.

* I had lots of problems with Oracle port. At first I thought just

that it is slightly instable because we are working on HEAD and

categories are in flux... Only after having fixed a lot of bugs I

realized that LEGACY CATEGOIRIES NEVER WORKED IN ORACLE. At that

point it was easier to make them actually work in oracle :-)

* Actually it seems that the whole Weblogger never worked in Oracle, I

was fixing bugs such as broken filtering by date (because Oracle's

trunc() uses different format strings from PostgreSQL's date_trunc()

etc. etc.

* Juggling pieces of Tcl from .tcl to .xql (via variable and command

substitution) and pieces of SQL from .xql to .tcl (via db_map) was

fun :-)

* Implementing nested multirows (to show all categories one object is

in), in combination with included templates thought me a lot about

the templating system. One of the lessons: <multirow name="@foo@">

with variable could actually work if a bunch of bugs with variable

substitution were fixed in templating system. Until then using:

template::multirow -local -ulevel 1 upvar $foo myfoo will be

necessary.

* Some extensions for db_multirow, <multiple> and friends to support

grouping and tables-within-tables would be really useful. I didn't

dare do such large-scale hacks on db_multirow

* one-entry{tcl,adp} should be replaced with blog{tcl,adp} - after all

getting one entry is just a special case of getting many entries.

It may sound insane that I'm *finishing* porting of legacy, obsolete,

blogger-specific categories to Oracle, but because of its brokeness

my new stuff was broken too, so I had to fix it ... oh never mind

Fixed syntax error that broke installation (wrong close tag):

revision 1.55

date: 2004/02/19 15:03:43; author: joela; state: Exp; lines: +5 -2

added package maturity flag

Minor updates. Hopefully fixes problem posted here:

http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=164916

Fix regsubs for uri.

Removed bogus tree_sortkey reference in the Oracle version ...

added a flag to take advantage of util_user_message in ad_progress_bar_end

bugfix: get triggers to compile

moved doc to proc category::list::elements

Added in more explanation about how to do hierarchical queries with Oracle.

A few more CSS modifications

Slimmed down the CSS file considerably

Removed markup from the view pages

Unified multirow names

Unified sql queries

Use partialqueries more consistently

(These changes should be backwards-compatible with .LRN 2.0 and .LRN

head. Testing needs to be done here, fixing will take place during the

feature freeze period)

    • -26
    • +42
    /openacs-4/packages/calendar/www/views-oracle.xql
Added

    • -0
    • +17
    /openacs-4/packages/calendar/www/views.xql
Put fs::new_root_folder tcl procedure back in. It has new optional parameters

but should behave the same as the original procedure.

Moved all remaining procs into the calendar namespace

Added compatibility procs

added package maturity flag

Typo fix

updated package version numbers in core from 5.0.0 to 5.1.0d1

  1. … 10 more files in changeset.
added xml-rpc module to support dotlrn-prereq

added xml-rpc to dotlrn-prereq

fixed directory/newer bug

added oacs-dav to dotlrn-prereq module

Grant commit to Joel Aufrecht on CVSROOT

We still want security_inherit_p to default to 't', otherwise bcms::folder::create_folder breaks, because null is not a valid boolean value. This is also consistent with what the comments in the function says (default true)

fix bug 1131

    • -1
    • +1
    /openacs-4/packages/wp-slim/www/users.adp
    • -11
    • +2
    /openacs-4/packages/wp-slim/www/users.tcl
    • -1
    • +1
    /openacs-4/packages/wp-slim/www/users.xql
Replaced calendar_have_private_p with calendar::have_private_p

change checking of validity of term dates