• last updated 4 hours ago
Constraints
Constraints: committers
 
Constraints: files
Constraints: dates
added proc category::list::collapse_multirow to create a list of category_ids per object to be displayed. deleted procs category::list::db_foreach and category::list::db_multirow because they are no longer needed

adding a comment about the new up value of the do_checkout parameter

adding ability for install scripts to do cvs update of a server instead of a from scratch checkout (saving bandwidth and time)

    • -0
    • +51
    /openacs-4/etc/install/updateserver.sh
Fixed typo on line 100

I forgot this file in yesterday's commit ...

    • -0
    • +1
    /openacs-4/packages/curriculum/www/admin/admin-roles.adp
Added a little more detail to Postgres 7.2->7.3 upgrade instructions.

Fixed a few bugs; assigning of default wf roles and checking of 'abstract' URLs. General clean-up.

    • -0
    • +24
    /openacs-4/packages/curriculum/tcl/apm-callback-procs.xql
Fixed a few bugs; assigning of default wf roles and checking of 'abstract' URLs. General clean-up.

    • -0
    • +7
    /openacs-4/packages/curriculum/lib/admin-roles.adp
    • -0
    • +56
    /openacs-4/packages/curriculum/lib/admin-roles.tcl
    • -0
    • +15
    /openacs-4/packages/curriculum/lib/admin-roles.xql
  1. … 11 more files in changeset.
added comment

Fix create_new_revision. Fix creation on etp_page_revision content_type.

Fixes but#1529 and bug#1529.

Fix get_standard_attribute and get_extended_attribute queries for oracle. Fixed bug#1534 and bug#1535.

Add oracle specific query for new_revision. Fixes bug#1536.

commented out nsrewrite

added aolserver 4 port 80 run comment

Removed dependency on nsrewrite as per http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=165468.

Removed dependency on nsrewrite as per http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=165468.

Fixing broken queries

Fixing buggy queries

Privacy overhaul, prompted by bug 1549

    • -2
    • +2
    /openacs-4/packages/dotlrn/www/members-chunk.tcl
  1. … 19 more files in changeset.
Adding these files for privacy overhaul, prompted by bug 1549

    • -0
    • +89
    /openacs-4/packages/dotlrn/tcl/privacy-procs.tcl
file privacy-init.sql was initially added on branch dotlrn-2-0.

    • -0
    • +0
    /openacs-4/packages/dotlrn/sql/oracle/privacy-init.sql
file privacy-policy-toggle.tcl was initially added on branch dotlrn-2-0.

    • -0
    • +0
    /openacs-4/packages/dotlrn/www/privacy-policy-toggle.tcl
file privacy-procs.tcl was initially added on branch dotlrn-2-0.

    • -0
    • +0
    /openacs-4/packages/dotlrn/tcl/privacy-procs.tcl
file privacy-procs-postgresql.xql was initially added on branch dotlrn-2-0.

file privacy-procs-oracle.xql was initially added on branch dotlrn-2-0.

    • -0
    • +0
    /openacs-4/packages/dotlrn/tcl/privacy-procs-oracle.xql

Fix oracle specific queries.

Fix new_root_folder for oracle.

The CVS section (and a few other pages) still refer to the directory openacs

code is kept in as /web instead of /var/lib/aolserver. This fixes that.

Fixed bug during install process: site_node::init_cache would error out, because there is no root node yet when it gets sourced from bootstrap-installer (via site-nodes-init)

added more documentation on translator mode, with images

  1. … 81 more files in changeset.
Commiting integration of Site Wide Categories into Weblogger. While

implementing this I've also fixed numerous random bugs.

Some comments off the top of my head regarding this implementation:

* Weblogger currently doesn't take advantage of nested categories. You

can use trees that are nested but categories in those trees are

treated as if they were all flat.

* I've provided a migration script from old to new categories. The

script just copies data and doesn't delete anything. It is written

in Tcl so that it can take advantage of the APIs.

* I left the legacy categories in system. There are several reasons

for that:

- Site-Wide categories don't have short names and thus speaking

URLs are not implemented. Some people might prefer to keep

speaking URLs, especially if they don't want to break them

after migration

- Blogger-specific categories are simpler and thus easier to use.

- Having both solutions available for a while makes transition less

painful.

* I had lots of problems with Oracle port. At first I thought just

that it is slightly instable because we are working on HEAD and

categories are in flux... Only after having fixed a lot of bugs I

realized that LEGACY CATEGOIRIES NEVER WORKED IN ORACLE. At that

point it was easier to make them actually work in oracle :-)

* Actually it seems that the whole Weblogger never worked in Oracle, I

was fixing bugs such as broken filtering by date (because Oracle's

trunc() uses different format strings from PostgreSQL's date_trunc()

etc. etc.

* Juggling pieces of Tcl from .tcl to .xql (via variable and command

substitution) and pieces of SQL from .xql to .tcl (via db_map) was

fun :-)

* Implementing nested multirows (to show all categories one object is

in), in combination with included templates thought me a lot about

the templating system. One of the lessons: <multirow name="@foo@">

with variable could actually work if a bunch of bugs with variable

substitution were fixed in templating system. Until then using:

template::multirow -local -ulevel 1 upvar $foo myfoo will be

necessary.

* Some extensions for db_multirow, <multiple> and friends to support

grouping and tables-within-tables would be really useful. I didn't

dare do such large-scale hacks on db_multirow

* one-entry{tcl,adp} should be replaced with blog{tcl,adp} - after all

getting one entry is just a special case of getting many entries.