00-database-procs-postgresql.tcl

  • last updated 4 hours ago
Constraints
Constraints: committers
 
Constraints: files
Constraints: dates
merged changes from the oacs-5-9 branch and resolved conflicts

  1. … 7834 more files in changeset.
merge of 4.6.3b1 to HEAD

  1. … 107 more files in changeset.
Completed db_* api multi-database support. Can now use db api for

both Oracle and PostgreSQL at the same time.

    • -966
    • +5
    ./00-database-procs-postgresql.tcl
  1. … 3 more files in changeset.
Added base multi-db support to the db_* API.

    • -69
    • +95
    ./00-database-procs-postgresql.tcl
  1. … 6 more files in changeset.
Lars added proc util_get_current_url. Removing updates of nsv apm_library_mtime that now happen in apm_source proc. Removing proc apm_mark_packages_for_bootstrap that was used to avoid server restart after package installation (we are now requiring server restart). Moving flushing of package_installed_p cache to happen at end of apm_package_install proc instead of the beginning. Adding parameter PermissionCacheTimeout that determines the lifetime of the permissions cache.

  1. … 7 more files in changeset.
Added examples to db_exec_plsql and db_nextval's api-doc and changed proc_doc to ad_proc.

    • -16
    • +107
    ./00-database-procs-postgresql.tcl
Switched to "file copy" ...

  1. … 7 more files in changeset.
Patches to make OpenACS PG 7.3 compatible.

  1. … 54 more files in changeset.
merge from oacs-4-6

  1. … 130 more files in changeset.
cleanup javadoc tags (eg @cvs_id @cvs @cvs-id: instead if @cvs-id)

  1. … 692 more files in changeset.
reduced debug output by setting log level to QDDebug in several logging stmts

  1. … 1 more file in changeset.
db_nextval further modified to be more compact, and logging set to the debug level

hacked db_nextval to take both standard PG sequences and view-hack sequences into account

The bindvar emulation for db_exec_plpgsql now calls DoubleApos on the

values ...

Made the datasource "::dbname" function the same as

"localhost::dbname"

Changed the representation of tree_sortkeys from "text" to "bit varying".

  1. … 62 more files in changeset.

1. Fixed a boneheaded error in the bootstrapper: "AvailablePool" was being

submitted to a case-sensitive check. Of course AOLserver parameters are

case-insensitive.

2. A recently submitted patch to the db routine that PSQL's source broke

the code if you haven't started postmaster with the "-i" option.

3. Bboard was very, very slow in PG. It is now much faster.

  1. … 3 more files in changeset.

Installed some patches:

1. Request processor was losing the port portion of the URL in some cases.

2. OpenACS 4 couldn't cope with a PG database that was password-protected

3. Didn't work with nsopenssl

Also I removed references to currency.sql from acs-lang (this is now part

of the references package)

  1. … 4 more files in changeset.

1. changed db_qd_log to use the passed-in level rather than gluing things

to "Debug" for convenience. I then changed all the "Notice" calls to

"Debug". Then my one "Error" call I added worked! :) If a query file

has a syntax error in it now, an error is logged to the server log but

bootstrapping continues.

2. Lots and lots or etp oracle fixes and some PG version clean-ups

3. Some file-storage files were unconventionally named.

  1. … 17 more files in changeset.

Fixed db_blob_get for PG, and got rid of db_continue_transaction, which we

can no longer support because PG automatically aborts a transaction after an

error.

  1. … 4 more files in changeset.
*** empty log message ***

Added a db_api hook to return blob data directly in a Tcl variable, as

requested by Neophytos.

fixed a few more subsite issues, and added a special case to query dispatcher.

  1. … 10 more files in changeset.

1. Fixed a bug in the oracle version of acs-mail-nt-create.sql

2. Fixed a bug in the oracle version of the APM - a standard SQL92

left join was being executed rather than the nasty Oracle-specific

notation.

3. Futzed with the APM a bit - you can now only set "watch" commands on

those .xql files which are used by the current installation, you can

only install packages supported by the current installation's RDBMS.

  1. … 8 more files in changeset.

1. Added a check that PG was initdb's with the collation order for

characters that we expect.

2. Jon added a "sql/common" directory for the insert statements which

load data for acs-references, so I added a new datamodel type "common"

to the APM.

3. Created a new db API routine that returns true if a given db_type is

compatible with the current RDBMS.

4. Added a workaround for a PL/pgSQL "execute" bug in acs-workflow (other

cases had been fixed previously by others but this one was missed)

5. Diddled a couple of .info files using the APM.

  1. … 10 more files in changeset.
fixed uplevel name collision

adde switches to prevent error on clobs and blobs

fixed logging to be more configurable within the QD and default to not so verbose.

    • -10
    • +10
    ./00-database-procs-postgresql.tcl
  1. … 2 more files in changeset.
more debugging of workflow

  1. … 3 more files in changeset.
psql doesn't like -U without a username