• last updated 10 hours ago
Constraints
Constraints: committers
 
Constraints: files
Constraints: dates
Added a missing column.

Merged in changes from openacs-5-0-0-final to jcd-merge-pre503

  1. … 18 more files in changeset.
Commiting integration of Site Wide Categories into Weblogger. While

implementing this I've also fixed numerous random bugs.

Some comments off the top of my head regarding this implementation:

* Weblogger currently doesn't take advantage of nested categories. You

can use trees that are nested but categories in those trees are

treated as if they were all flat.

* I've provided a migration script from old to new categories. The

script just copies data and doesn't delete anything. It is written

in Tcl so that it can take advantage of the APIs.

* I left the legacy categories in system. There are several reasons

for that:

- Site-Wide categories don't have short names and thus speaking

URLs are not implemented. Some people might prefer to keep

speaking URLs, especially if they don't want to break them

after migration

- Blogger-specific categories are simpler and thus easier to use.

- Having both solutions available for a while makes transition less

painful.

* I had lots of problems with Oracle port. At first I thought just

that it is slightly instable because we are working on HEAD and

categories are in flux... Only after having fixed a lot of bugs I

realized that LEGACY CATEGOIRIES NEVER WORKED IN ORACLE. At that

point it was easier to make them actually work in oracle :-)

* Actually it seems that the whole Weblogger never worked in Oracle, I

was fixing bugs such as broken filtering by date (because Oracle's

trunc() uses different format strings from PostgreSQL's date_trunc()

etc. etc.

* Juggling pieces of Tcl from .tcl to .xql (via variable and command

substitution) and pieces of SQL from .xql to .tcl (via db_map) was

fun :-)

* Implementing nested multirows (to show all categories one object is

in), in combination with included templates thought me a lot about

the templating system. One of the lessons: <multirow name="@foo@">

with variable could actually work if a bunch of bugs with variable

substitution were fixed in templating system. Until then using:

template::multirow -local -ulevel 1 upvar $foo myfoo will be

necessary.

* Some extensions for db_multirow, <multiple> and friends to support

grouping and tables-within-tables would be really useful. I didn't

dare do such large-scale hacks on db_multirow

* one-entry{tcl,adp} should be replaced with blog{tcl,adp} - after all

getting one entry is just a special case of getting many entries.

  1. … 15 more files in changeset.
Committed lots of fixes from Joel

  1. … 11 more files in changeset.
Fixed bug #1362: Blog entries loose their time when editing

  1. … 4 more files in changeset.
Merged posted_date and entry_date into entry_date, which is now a full timestamp

  1. … 34 more files in changeset.
Get category info with an outer join instead of a separate query

  1. … 3 more files in changeset.
merge of changes on oacs-5-0 branch to oacs-5-0-0b4 tag

  1. … 598 more files in changeset.
Fix bug 1275 patch 375

  1. … 1 more file in changeset.
Fixed bug: Request error when posting entry -- was bad Oracle query in the RSS datasource. While fixing, I wrote test cases to expose it, and while doing that I had to invent and restructure lots of API.

- Removed pages under /admin which are now under www

  1. … 34 more files in changeset.
Added categories support in Oracle, changed 0 for no category to null

  1. … 16 more files in changeset.
Completed trackback support. Added trackback parameters and explanation of what trackback is. It's turned on by default.

Finished trackback support. Added support for templated comments to include notice of which comments are trackback.

  1. … 5 more files in changeset.
Merged 4.6.4d1 (unreleased) to HEAD. This marks the end of the life of the oacs-4-6 branch.

  1. … 816 more files in changeset.
fixed an embarrassing amount of bugs, now let us have fun! :)

  1. … 34 more files in changeset.
Fixed notifications to include title_url

  1. … 4 more files in changeset.
- Applied Joel Aufrect's patch to add title_url (with modifications)

- fixed bug #336 by adding a catch

- showing minimum 3 last postings

  1. … 29 more files in changeset.
Merged over changes from HEAD

  1. … 37 more files in changeset.
fix postgresisms bug 200 and bug 201

  1. … 1 more file in changeset.
- Upgraded lars-blogger to use the new richtext widget;

- fixed several bugs in the Oracle version

    • -0
    • +33
    ./entry-procs-oracle.xql
  1. … 20 more files in changeset.