00-database-procs-oracle.tcl

  • last updated 19 hours ago
Constraints
Constraints: committers
 
Constraints: files
Constraints: dates
Renaming of files so they are loaded after 00-icanuse-procs.tcl

  1. … 7 more files in changeset.
improve spelling

  1. … 1 more file in changeset.
merged changes from the oacs-5-9 branch and resolved conflicts

  1. … 7834 more files in changeset.
- add editor hints to keep spaces/tabs in the furture more consistent

  1. … 754 more files in changeset.
merge of 4.6.3b1 to HEAD

  1. … 107 more files in changeset.
Completed db_* api multi-database support. Can now use db api for

both Oracle and PostgreSQL at the same time.

  1. … 3 more files in changeset.
Added base multi-db support to the db_* API.

  1. … 6 more files in changeset.
A bunch of things

1. AOLserver 4.0's nsxml appears to expose a gcc bug which causes the

backwards-compatible "getattr" command to fail. I dug around nsxml

and it does appear to be a gcc bug. I changed to the proper nsxml v2

syntax.

2. In the course of exploring #1 above, I realized that the calls to

dom:: Tcl XML package commands were still being executed despite

being commented out. Typical Tcl misunderstanding on someone's part.

Net effect: we were parsing all APM .info files twice, once in Tcl

and once in ns_xml! Yuk!

3. Fixed a minor notifications bug - you couldn't delete a notification

request if any unsent notifications were pending, causing the homework

package to bomb if you deleted an uploaded homework file and the prof

hadn't yet received their notification.

4. Fixed an obscure corner case in my permissions denormalization code.

  1. … 15 more files in changeset.
Added examples to db_exec_plsql and db_nextval's api-doc and changed proc_doc to ad_proc.

merge Don file copy/fconfigure -binary fixes from head

  1. … 3 more files in changeset.
Switched to "file copy" ...

  1. … 7 more files in changeset.
reduced debug output by setting log level to QDDebug in several logging stmts

  1. … 1 more file in changeset.

1. changed db_qd_log to use the passed-in level rather than gluing things

to "Debug" for convenience. I then changed all the "Notice" calls to

"Debug". Then my one "Error" call I added worked! :) If a query file

has a syntax error in it now, an error is logged to the server log but

bootstrapping continues.

2. Lots and lots or etp oracle fixes and some PG version clean-ups

3. Some file-storage files were unconventionally named.

  1. … 17 more files in changeset.

Fixed db_blob_get for PG, and got rid of db_continue_transaction, which we

can no longer support because PG automatically aborts a transaction after an

error.

  1. … 4 more files in changeset.

Changed the sql plus load routine to cd to the script directory.

fixed display of CR file content in oracle

  1. … 8 more files in changeset.

1. Fixed a bug in the oracle version of acs-mail-nt-create.sql

2. Fixed a bug in the oracle version of the APM - a standard SQL92

left join was being executed rather than the nasty Oracle-specific

notation.

3. Futzed with the APM a bit - you can now only set "watch" commands on

those .xql files which are used by the current installation, you can

only install packages supported by the current installation's RDBMS.

  1. … 8 more files in changeset.

Fixed type (ad_doc to ad_proc, my fingers got confused by the old proc_doc).

1. Added a check that PG was initdb's with the collation order for

characters that we expect.

2. Jon added a "sql/common" directory for the insert statements which

load data for acs-references, so I added a new datamodel type "common"

to the APM.

3. Created a new db API routine that returns true if a given db_type is

compatible with the current RDBMS.

4. Added a workaround for a PL/pgSQL "execute" bug in acs-workflow (other

cases had been fixed previously by others but this one was missed)

5. Diddled a couple of .info files using the APM.

  1. … 10 more files in changeset.

fixed logging to be more configurable within the QD and default to not so verbose.

  1. … 2 more files in changeset.
fixed oracle db api so that db_exec_plsql command would still work after the passed in sql query is converted to an empty string

  1. … 1 more file in changeset.
more debugging of workflow

  1. … 3 more files in changeset.
cleaned up content repository data-model and converted oracle apm to use file storage in the content repository

  1. … 11 more files in changeset.
added support for storing content repository items in the file system

  1. … 8 more files in changeset.
fixed up some oracle stuff that I broke when porting to oracle

  1. … 1 more file in changeset.

1. Added a new attribute to the .info file which tells the bootstrap

installer whether or not a package is part of the acs-core. Only

acs-core packages are now installed during the initial bootstrap install

of the system.

2. Fixed a dupe query name problem in a couple of queryfiles. The problem

is not with the dispatcher but with the extractor, and for the moment it

is just easier to kludge the resulting queryfile than fix the extractor.

  1. … 36 more files in changeset.

added QD stuff to Oracle piece. Not tested yet.

Moved the bootstrap and installer stuff into their own mini-package, which

let me clean up the loading of acs-tcl a bit and isolate all the bits of

APM-knowledge required in the pre-acs-tcl bootstrapping process into a single

apm file. In general, bootstrap.tcl is cleaner and easier to read.

    • -0
    • +354
    ./00-database-procs-oracle.tcl
  1. … 37 more files in changeset.