I didn't really change all these files but (sigh) was working with a copy of a checkout ... should've soft linked instead. I did change a fairly large number of files which is why I'm letting this large commit go through rather than figure out which.
I removed default-dotlrn-master.* because dotlrn-master.* is the one we use. I removed explicit references to dotlrn-master in templates because someone should be able to use a private copy of dotlrn-master with a different name if they wish. I fixed a few noquote issues (by no means all)
I18N: merging many one word messages into messages containing phrases to make translation to languages such as finnish easier (for example, finnish doesn't have prepositions). For the en_US messages I have decided to keep the reuse of pretty names of classes, departments etc. inside other messages. This reuse is optional though and will not be appropriate for some languages (such as finnish).